Auto collisions are the most common and deadliest source of injury in the world. Careless, aggressive and negligent driving are, unfortunately, everyday common occurrences in South Carolina. Auto accidents plague our streets and roadways which cause good people to suffer debilitating injuries and unexpected expenses due to the carelessness of others. Almost everyone has, at one time or another, been involved in a car accident. The Charleston Personal Injury Lawyers at the Phipps Law Firm have seen firsthand the devastating consequences auto accidents can have on innocent victims and their families in the Charleston area. Painful injuries, high medical bills, lost wages and dealing with difficult insurance companies are all obstacles that make the recovery process much more stressful for victims.
As an Accident Reconstructionist with over a thousand actual traffic collision investigations, Attorney Phipps and other Charleston Personal Injury Lawyers at the Phipps Law Firm fight to get their clients compensated. The Phipps Law Firm handles all levels of traffic accident and personal injury cases and is committed to helping auto accident victims recover.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
The Charleston Personal Injury Lawyers at the Phipps Law Firm are acutely aware of the surmounting concerns that face the victim and their families. Serious bodily injury can result not only from the initial contact with the other vehicle, but also from secondary impacts from inside your own vehicle. Despite advances in safety mechanisms in today’s marketed automobiles, auto accidents still remain the leading cause of death among young adults. If you have been involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, emotional trauma, loss of consortium, disfigurement and traumatic brain injury, funeral costs, and more.
The Charleston Personal Injury Lawyers at the Phipps Law Firm are committed to offering valuable legal assistance and guidance that puts families on the path to recovery. We can help you and your family receive financial compensation.
- Wrongful Deaths
- Truck Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Neck Injuriess
- Worker’s Compensation
- Assualt, Battery and Other Intentional Torts
- Serious Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Product Liability
- Back Injuries
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Defamation: Libel and Slander
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Premise Liability
- Brain Injuries
- Hit and Run
- Defamation: Libel and Slander
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT
The first few moments following an auto collision can be terrifying. If you are involved in a collision, you should take the following steps immediately to ensure that your
legal rights are protected:
- Dial 911 to report the accident and make sure to advise the 911 operator of any and all injuries.
- If you are experiencing any pain, seek medical attention immediately (even if you feel the injury is minor).
- If possible, move your vehicle to the side of the road and turn off your ignition (and the ignition of other cars involved in the accident). Stand apart from the vehicle while calling for help to avoid injury in case the car is hit again. If parties are injured, do not attempt to move them unless they are in immediate danger.
- Do NOT admit fault or discuss fault with the other parties involved in the collision. Avoid confrontation and fully cooperate with the police.
- Exchange information (registration numbers, drivers license info and insurance info) with all parties involved, including any witnesses.
- Obtain photographs of any damage to all vehicles involved and any injuries sustained from the crash. If you have a cell phone camera available, you may want to photograph the crash scene and vehicles involved in the collision.
Above all, protect your rights. You are not required to give any statements to the other party’s insurance company. While you should cooperate with your own insurance company, you may want to consider consulting with the Charleston personal injury attorneys at the Phipps Law Firm before giving a statement.
Call 843-300-4444 for a FREE consultation to review your case with an experienced lawyer.